Saturday, February 14, 2009

The perfect Valentine's Day

What a lovely day! My husband made me a beautiful card from our craft supplies and put it with flowers he and the kids picked up at the grocery store. I had told him to please not buy the bountiful bouquet of roses he normally gifts me with on Valentines. I told him I knew he loved me. No need for petal proof. And besides, I was not buying anything new this month so why should he? Anyhow,off to the grocery he went, kid in tow. After picking out the posies, he headed to the card wall. At which point our son declared..."Dad, why waste your money? We have plenty of stuff at home we can make cards out of!" Chastened, he put down the card and came home to the craft table. A few minutes later, the perfect card (which I will keep forever!) was next to the colorful bouquet. When I returned home from some morning errands, we dipped strawberries in chocolate sauce I had hanging around in the cupboard (who knew?!) and ate them watching a movie (Valentine gift from Grandma!) while opening all the cards from family and friends that had accrued in the toy mailbox we placed in the kitchen two weeks ago to collect such treasurers. What fun!! and so cost effective!

No comments: