Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Saving minutes, saving money

Who do you know who has 6,400 rollover minutes on their cell phone? That would be my husband. Obviously, he is paying for a plan that has WAY more minutes than he uses. And if you don't use your rollover minutes in 12 months, you lose them. So I called ATT yesterday, changed his plan to one with significantly reduced number of minutes and argued with the sales associate when he told me that changing the plan would lose those 6,400 minutes. Wait just a MINUTE I told him. Those are minutes we have already paid for and I would not leave this phone conversation without them!! That's money, people!! Well, long story short, 18 minutes later -- after he had spoken with his manager -- I hung up the phone with all the minutes intact and a phone plan that was $40/mos. cheaper. Better still, my husband now has a plan that better reflects his talking patterns and will allow him to use up those extra minutes before they expire. WIN, WIN, WIN. Additionally, I removed $5/month worth of extraneous internet charges from bill for a grand savings of $540/year.

Next, I will tackle the home insurance.

No comments: